Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rare Opportunity

We were out shopping one Saturday, during our "confinement period" and decided to take Dan to the Marine Corp Gift Corner. He had never been, and I thought he needed to see the treasures I keep talking about. Well, the girls each had their own money, so they went off looking at the latest shipment of treasures. I was off browsing the new merchandise brought in from Thailand, and Dan was kind of just wandering around trying to keep track of all of us. Well, evidently, he was people watching and noticed two very beautiful women shopping. I was much too busy picking out some new lanterns for my front door step. Anyway, Morgan and Sydney were standing in line to make their purchases and one of the beautiful girls struck up a conversation with her. After Morgan was done, she wandered outside and sat down to wait. The girls came out and kept on talking with Morgan and then Brenna. Pretty soon we hear, "Can Morgan's dad come out here please?" Well, my heart sank. I was thinking something got broken or something. It turned out that the director of the USO was just seeking permission to photograph our girls. The two beautiful women were Miss USA, Rachel Smith and Miss Teen USA, Hilary Cruz, who were on Okinawa as a morale booster for the troops. I was floored and disappointed that I hadn't been paying more attention to the people, Dan was stunned, and the girls were on Cloud 9. You can view Rachel Smith's blog at http://www.missusa.com/missusa/blog.php She is as gorgeous in person as she is in her photos. It was a great day and experience for all of us.


3 comments:

Montana Mom and Dad said...

Wow and Wowzee! Look at those smiling faces! Talk about a 'boost', not only for the Military but families as well! (and trickling down to friends and family on the main-land) Thanks!!

Stacy B said...

What beautiful girls...all 5 of them! I am getting so anxious to see you.

Pam, maybe send me some pictures that you want on your header and I'll see what I can come up with. I can't wait to show you Photo Shop Elements this summer. Hopefully we'll have time.

I love you! I love the tiny things you send, they are perfect!

Ronda said...

As I was reading this post, with a few tears, my first thought was there are 5 beautiful ladies in the pictures...Stacy said the same thing!