Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trip to the Redwood Forest

The Gabriel's went on our first California adventure - and Amelia's first road trip! We were on pins and needles at the beginning of the trip, because little Amelia HATES riding in the car seat. She proved to be a good traveler, with a LOT of coaxing from me in the back seat. Dan and I had been to the Redwood Forest about 17 years ago, and we wanted to take the girls to explore this beautiful place. We weren't disappointed! The trees are magnificent!
We had to crane our necks to see the tops of these 200-300 foot trees!

The hiking was very successful - Amelia does love her sling! Who can nurse, hike, and take pictures all at the same time? ME!! I'm all about multitasking! As a matter of fact, I don't remember a time that I wasn't doing more than one thing at a time!

Humongous tree!

Dan did a fabulous job capturing the neat forest. We enjoyed getting back out in nature . . . and we are looking forward to camping next time . . . Holiday Inn Express was the way to go this time, although I think Sydney was 5 months old when she had her first tenting experience.

1 comment: